Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Death of a Bookstore

oh, maybe just a little. Let's just say...Borders is closing and I'm all very sorry. Mostly, I'm glad because it forced such really nice sales as this one. The sticker says: $4.99. Cue a happy squeal.


Coffee table book or no, this has so many really nice quality pictures and quotes.

Because I am crazy and had $10 to spend before the store collapsed on our heads, I bought two. Isn't that great?

Anyway, I'm done ranting and raving and bragging now. How are you? ;)

6 comments:

Näna said...

I heard they were closing! Kinda sad, but yay for sales. :)

Unknown said...

I'm always so sad when bookstores go out of business, but there definitely some great deals to find in them :)

I'm doing pretty well, thanks. Getting ready to head south for a lovely week at the beach. School starts the day after we get back, so my vacation is just about over. *sigh* Summer goes soooo fast!

Marian said...

I think it's pretty sad, though I wouldn't mind going to the sales--hopefully I'll make it to the store before it closes completely. ;) I'll miss after-Christmas shopping with my gift cards, though... We still have Barnes & Nobles here, though, so I'm grateful for that.

Näna said...

Just had to say that today I hit Borders and found some really sweet sales. They actually had the same Katherine Hepburn book but now it's down to $3.99! (at least where I live). Sweet, right? I always liked Barnes and Nobles better, though. It's right across the street and has a *much* better selection and atmosphere.

Marian said...

You probably already saw my answer; but just to make sure, I gave you "S" for the letter tag! :)

Olivia said...

Well, I'm kind of glad they are...I always did prefer Barnes and Noble. ;) Sales win.

@Marian: actually, I didn't see...but thanks SO much for telling me! I'll post that in the next couple of days. :)