Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Singing in the Rain. (I Wish.)

I wanted, I needed, I felt compelled to post on here right now. I feel that an update is needed, just so that you don't feel like I give up so fast.

You: that Olivia, she can't stick with anything for long, way too distracted. Tsk, tsk.
Me: SQUIRREL!

Anywho.

So here is what I've been up to to date. Well, that's just something I say. Here's what I can remember.

  • School started on Monday. On the one hand I'm excited, on the other hand, I'm very nervous. I REFUSE to feel overwhelmed. I can grit my teeth and do this. With the help of God. I think that I'll love all that I'm doing that is speech-related...Chemistry, not so much. On my bucket list is to make an "A" in a difficult class. Maybe this will be it.

  • I'm very happy that our governor, Rick Perry, is running for President. This country needs a little of what he embodies: strength, conviction and a good, hearty dose of Texas cowboy. 

  • South Texas is almost literally cracking under this heat. With temperatures uniformly in the triple digits and no significant rain since the beginning of time, you just KNOW that that green grass was painted.

  • On that note, my imagination is so vivid, and my thinking so wishful, every now-and-again...I can almost feel fall. Ah.

  • I am considering how plausible it is for me to get all my homework done by the weekend so that I can sew myself one of the Sense and Sensibility Patterns swing dresses. That would be fun...to wear. 

  •  I just completed my latest mission: to find vintage-style shoes. Target, of all places had a wonderful pair, not too 'spensive and very 30's/40's. I am smiling right now.
Well, that's all I can think of right now to post, so I will take my leave for tonight. Rest assured, I have some wonderful (IMHO) ideas for posts that revolve around 1940s-vintage greatness, so I'll try to have those up as soon as I do that Chemistry stuff.


I got a really nice compliment from a friend (you know who you are if you indeed see this) lately on this blog. I feel inspired to post. Thanks so much to everyone who I know either from Lucie Land or real life who has seen this and told me...it makes my day every time. :)


Adios,

Olivia

Actually, I saw one of the weather reporters down here do this once. I think we'd all be doing it if it rained again.

"I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love..."




5 comments:

Näna said...

Funny 'cause we could really use some rain here, too! It's been a *very* dry summer and it's starting to look like out west everything is so dry! Not that you know anything about dryness... :P Oh, and Singing in the Rain...epic movie.

Olivia said...

haha, you're hilarious. I was out ther in June, remember and I was in a state of shock at all the GREEN. Haha, but I'm sure that for y'all it's been pretty dry. ;) For us, it's the worst drought since the...50s...:P :P

Joe said...

:)

Olivia said...

haha, ditto, Joe! :)

Näna said...

Haha! Go green! :P

For us anything west of WVA is the west. And it all looks so BROWN! =D