Sunday, June 3, 2012

Vida Bella--Ketchup in My World

I can't even express the relief that I feel now that my Junior year is *just about* over. In many respects, it was one crazy blur of Chemistry, Shakespeare, Speech, Violin, Teaching, and other such busy business.

I haven't really had any time for creativity. I did make a 1940s style dress over Christmas break, which I managed to forget to get any pictures of over the winter....and there is no way that I am putting on a wool 3/4 sleeve dress at this time of year, retro as it is. However, other than that, I was singularly uninspired this past year. 

I watched Season 2 of "Sherlock"...'twas awesome. (Episodes 2 and 3, I did not see Episode 1, due to...content. Why, writers? Why?)

I am very excited to be going up to the DFW area to participate in the Republican State Convention! I will be a page, and the whole experience is shaping up to be very enjoyable  for my politics-loving self...and crossed fingers, I may even get to meet Rick Santorum.

I have recently discovered that, while physically exhausting, baking is a very rewarding pasttime. I also enjoy ironing. (Of course, that may have something to do with the fact that one of my favorite TV shows is available online, and ironing is a good way to justify taking the time to view it...)


I am currently beginning planning what will be my "graduation ceremony," a senior recital. Trying to figure out what to play...definitely some challenging pieces, Bach, Mendelssohn...but I'm also hoping to collaborate with people and throw and little Gershwin and swing in there (Anyone reading this...any suggestions? What swing era/ jazz/blues songs do you think would sound good on the violin?)

My birthday is one week away...hard to believe that I will be another year older so soon. Good thing I like roadtrips, because that's what I'll be doing! I'll just have to remember to bring my Alison Krauss along. ;)


Well, to end this post, I was going around my computer, looking at all the silly photos and memes I have saved...and found this. Random, but true. I <3 Texas. 


Cheerio! 
Olivia

No comments: