Sunday, August 28, 2011

Swing Time

I can't think of a way to say this other than....I love Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire. Maybe a good alternative would be "I love Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers." Yes, that would work too.


Every time I watch their dances, I am absolutely mesmerized by them.

  
                    Backwards and in heels.


                                  
...and rollerskates. Did you evah?




My favorite dance ever, it always gives me warm fuzzies.

I don't know why, just does.

-----------------

"When two people love each other, they don't look at each other, they look in the same direction."  {Ginger Rogers}

"I have no desire to prove anything by dancing. I have never used it as an outlet or a means of expressing myself. I just dance. I just put my feet in the air and move them around." {Fred Astaire}



What's your favorite Astaire/Rogers film? Are there any other dancing teams from the era that you like?

Begin the Beguine...

~Olivia

6 comments:

Näna said...

Oh, I adore Fred and Ginger! Seen all their movies and love them all...even though the plots are pretty much the same you don't mind because it's Fred and Ginger! :)

Hmm...as for a favorite maybe Shall We Dance? or Swing Time. It's been a while since I've seen one. Which just means it's time to pull them out again! :)

Hugs,
Nana

Anonymous said...

Lucie...er, I mean Olivia! What a lovely new blog. I only just found it. It is very sweet and vintage. It's nice to see you posting again. You're interests are very similar to mine, I'm reminded.

And I love Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire. Why aren't people talented anymore?
~Meg

Olivia said...

@Nana: yes, I guess the plots are pretty much the same....but the dances are worth it! ;)

@Meg: I am SO glad you found it...I tried to comment on your blog and tell you about it, but your comment form wouldn't let me...kept trying to link my comment to a site that wasn't mine. :P So I didn't forget you, but I'm glad you know where it is now. :)

I don't know why people aren't talented anymore, I really don't. It's a sad thing.

Joanna said...

I love Astaire and Rogers! Sadly, I've only seen short clips from only a few of their films. :-(

Näna said...

Hi, Lucie!

I am going to be away from September 16th until the 4th and was wondering if you would be willing to guest post for me? Basically, we're going to do it all movie themed, having the guest posters post movie reviews and movie themed giveaways. I made a little promo video with more details: http://vimeo.com/28693075

Anyway, if you could that would be great!

I know you don't have an email so would it work that (if you are interested) instead of sending you an invite to post I just give you my login info?

Love,
Nana

Olivia said...

Aww, Nana! I'm sorry it took me so long to respond...sadly, I don't have much time for blogging now-a-days and I don't want to commit and then take the chance of letting you down. It's also probably too late, anyway. I wish, wish, wish I could, but not this time. :P Have a great trip, though, and I'll be watching your blog for all those awesome posts!